Phillips & King
For Immediate Release:
Phillips & King Contact:
Introducing the Reserve Collection
Coming to Phillips & King Customers near you: 6 new blends from iconic brands.
Phillips & King, a leading distributor of specialty tobacco, alternative smoking products, and accessories in the United States, is pleased to announce the arrival of its Reserve Collection, a new line of exclusive premium cigars from some of the industry’s most iconic brands. The Phillips & King Reserve Collection is launching at TPE23 with 6 exquisite blends available only to Phillips & King retail customers.
“We developed the Reserve Collection to help our customers stand out from their competitors with a line of proprietary cigars from the bestselling heritage brands,” says Jim Charnley, Senior Director of Marketing. “We leveraged our longstanding factory relationships to create a series of cigars that offer a range of flavor and strength profiles. And the Reserve Collection is available in two distinct packaging formats designed to fit a variety of retail footprints.”
Handcrafted and blended with perfectly aged long-fill tobaccos, the Reserve Collection includes:
• Montecristo, a mellow-to-medium-bodied cigar wrapped in a Habano leaf with tasting notes of cocoa, cedar, and sweet spices.
• H. Upmann, a medium-to-full-bodied cigar wrapped in a Connecticut Ecuadoran leaf with tasting notes of sweet spices, rich latte, and nutmeg.
• Romeo y Julieta, a medium-bodied cigar wrapped in a Habano leaf with tasting notes of vanilla, molasses, and black pepper.
• Macanudo, a mellow-to-medium cigar with an Ecuadorian Connecticut Shade wrapper and tasting notes of milk chocolate, almonds, and white pepper.
• La Gloria Cubana, a medium-bodied cigar with an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper and tasting notes of molasses, all-spice, and dark rye.
• Punch, a medium-to-full-bodied cigar with a Rosado Olancho wrapper and tasting notes of exotic spices, dark chocolate, and cedar.
Designed with retailers of all sizes in mind, the Reserve Collection offers 20-count boxes of Toros and Robustos that can be stored in a traditional humidor, as well as a distinctive countertop display featuring 3-pack samplers that do not require additional humidification.
Says Charnley, “Many of our customers have well-established premium cigar programs, while others are just starting out. So, we took a versatile approach to the Reserve Collection packaging, and are offering wooden boxes for the classic humidor, and countertop displays for those dipping a toe into the cigar market. We think the countertop unit will be additionally useful for customers looking to increase their average transaction value, with the grab-and-go nature of these recognizably branded cigars.”
The Reserve Collection will debut at TPE23 in the Las Vegas Convention Center from 2/22-2/24/23 at the Phillips & King booth, #4081. Show attendees who visit the Phillips & King booth will be able to see and sample the launching Collection.
“We are excited to unveil these new cigar blends made in collaboration with our friends at Altadis U.S.A. and the Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG),” says Charnley. “And we look forward to potentially extending the collection with other blends and brands over time.”
For those placing orders at TPE23, Phillips & King will be offering introductory offers and special show deals surrounding the launch of the Reserve Collection, including the following:
• Counter Display, $499.99, which includes one boat of five 3-ct packs of each of the 6 cigar brands (total of 90 cigars, post-TPE23 price $599.99)
• Robusto Package, $699.99, which includes one 20-ct. box of each of the 6 cigar brands in the Robusto size (120 cigars total, post-TPE23 price $830)
• Toro Package, $799.99, which includes one 20-ct. box of each of the 6 cigar brands in the Toro size (120 cigars total, post-TPE23 price $920)
Additional offers and offerings will be available, along with a new line of Guardsman accessories also launching at the show.
Phillips & King anticipates beginning to ship Reserve Collection cigars to retailers in April 2023. For more information or to place an order to carry products from the Reserve Collection, please visit phillipsandking.com or call 800-532-4427.
# # #
About Phillips & King
Phillips & King, a subsidiary of Kretek International, Inc., is a leading distributor of specialty tobacco, alternative smoking products, and accessories in the United States. Since 1906, the company has built a strong reputation by focusing on independent and small chain convenience, tobacco, and liquor retailers. Phillips & King offers an unparalleled catalog of products and ships to all 50 states, the US Virgin Islands, Guam, Puerto Rico, and globally to US military bases, providing hassle-free tobacco tax compliance, easy web-ordering and a team of knowledgeable customer service experts. For more information, please visit phillipsandking.com